5454 Hohman Avenue
Hammond, IN 46320
Days; Evenings; Holidays; Nights; Schedule Varies; Weekends
Part-Time Benefit eligible
WHAT WE NEED
Patient imaging tech
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Computerized Tomography Scans are important diagnostic tools for physicians. Those physicians rely on experts preparing and documenting those images. They require detail-oriented technologists who also treat those whom we are privileged to serve with compassion and understanding. It's about more than just the right image, it's about making the process as comfortable as possible for each and every patient.
Do you have prior experience in radiology? Can you accurately document patient information and clinical details? Are you compassionate? Do you enjoy working in a high-tech, hands-on environment? We have just the job for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Clean, maintain, and restock examination and inventory rooms.
- Collaborate on patient medical issues with the physician to determine protocol and procedure.
- Complete all CT exams and procedures; obtain the most optimal images for physician interpretation while processing and evaluating images according to policy and protocol.
- Confirm patient identity. Obtain and record patient identification, medical history, or test results. Review and update patient documentation in EMR and PACS.
- Perform venous punctures using universal precautions while administering contrast media.
- Practice established safety guidelines and utilizes ALARA radiation reduction tools and techniques.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Prior experience in radiology.
- Adapt and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Basic Life Support (BLS) emergency care.
- Analyze and synthesize complex quantitative information.
- Knowledge of biohazard waste procedures.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of imaging Procedures.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNREC, and JCAHO safety codes, regulations, and requirements.
- Quality control analysis knowledge.
- Safe radiation practices.
- Time management.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Radiology Technologist
Certification(s): AART-CT; ARRT-R
Travel: Up to 20%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Gary
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago