Insurance Verification Specialist
Verifications | Franciscan Alliance
2434 Interstate Plaza Dr.
Hammond, IN 46324
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Persistent & pleasant insurance experts
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Health insurance research, verification and documentation is not for the faint of heart. It can be a confusing field with as many different situations as there are patients. If you're good at figuring out the details, chasing down the right people, and coordinating documents – we have a position that needs your skills. This is a specialized coordinating position with a mission: helping patients get the medical services they need.
Are you good at coordinating phone & email communications to obtain information and follow-up as needed? Do you have a way with details? Are you willing to solve the puzzle that can be health insurance verification? We've got a challenge with a purpose waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Contact patients and/or doctors, to obtain necessary medical and financial information in order to verify, authorize, and pre-certify benefits prior to date of service.
- Obtain financial verification and pre-certification as required for patients' visits.
- Locate, and verify current insurance and demographic information for patient and/or guarantor. Update in system in efforts to support proper bill release
- Document financial and pre-certification information according to defined process in a timely manner.
- Assist with review and follow up of denials and payment discrepancies identified through the denial system which are directly related to the verification and authorization process.
- Follow up with insurance, physicians, and any other area that can validate and assist with actions and information needed in order to properly review, dispute or appealing denial.
- Maintain timely and efficient follow up on successfully submitted appeals until a determination is made on the appeal.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Be careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adjust to situations involving repetitive, short-cycle operations carried out according to established standards and procedures.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1 year of Revenue Cycle Required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Gary
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago