EMR Project Manager
Health Information Management | Franciscan Alliance
2434 Interstate Plaza Drive, Suite 2
Hammond, IN 46324
WHAT WE NEED
Top notch planners & managers
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The link between Information Systems and Health Information Management is crucial in maintaining high quality health care to our patients. The EMR Project Manager plays a big role in supporting this relationship by managing projects for IT implementations, providing resolution for system issues, and coordinating planning for upgrades. Think you've got what it takes?
Are you detail-oriented? Are you familiar with HIM requirements? Are you a great communicator? Do you take pride in a job well done? We'd love to learn more about you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Organize Department Meetings, agendas and minutes
- Attend Regional Management Meetings as Needed
- Participate in Building Opener/Closer Procedures
- Coordinate Activities for Record Management with Vendor
- Record Monthly Discharge Statistics
- Manage the HIM Denials Process
- Assist Chart Processing with the Closing of Incomplete Records
- Attend Process Transformation meetings
- Coordinate Student Affiliations and Create Schedules
- Assist with HIM disaster planning
- Work with HIM Director on policy and procedure updates
- New Staff Orientation Planning
- Forms Management
- Assist HIM with system implementations and upgrades
- Assist HIM Director/Supervisor with other projects as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- RHIT or RHIA
- Understanding of information system processing, integrations and its applications across the organization.
- Maximize technology to improve the delivery of patient information, to have accurate and timely information available to all care providers, at points of access that are appropriate.
- Demonstrate and maintain HIM operational knowledge.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
5 Years EHR and HIM Processing Experience Preferred
3 Years Project Management, Leadership and/or Quality Improvement Experience Preferred
Certification(s): RHIT or RHIA Required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Gary
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago