Electrical Engineer (F/M/D)
DE, Hamburg | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 7289
An amazing new opportunity has come up for an Electrical Engineer to join Vestas based in our Hamburg office on a full-time permanent basis. You are a natural problem solver with expertise in electrical engineering, demonstrable organisational skills and a proven team player now looking for a fresh new challenge.
Sales > SBU NCE > Service > Regional Operation NCE > Regional Support NCE > WTG Engineering & Support > Electrical Engineering
WTG Engineering & Support is responsible to support regional Service and Construction organisations with technical knowledge to install and operate Vestas WTGs successfully.
The WTG E&S Electrical team consists of 3 highly experienced and dedicated employees located in Hamburg and due to workload a suitably qualified engineer is sought to strengthen our Electrical Engineering team in Northern and Central Europe.
- Evaluating damages on main components and perform RCAs, give recommendations to Service organisations
- Identify, develop and validate technical improvement measures as part of the continuous improvement process
- Providing answers to technical questions to internal and external stakeholder
- Taking part in customer or supplier meetings and seminars
- Interface between Remote Operations Center, Service Organisations and R&D
- Ensure technical knowledge is shared within WTG Engineering & Support teams
- Bachelor/Master´s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Electrical engineering knowledge on electrical components and protection, e.g. switchgears transformers, generators, controls systems, converters and drives
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate clearly in both English and German language, verbally and in writing
- Experience in Wind preferred but not required
- Strong technical and analytical skills for root cause failure analysis and problem solving
- Customer oriented and the ability to understand the business value seen from a service and customer perspective
- Structured, self-driven, takes initiative and ownership
- Highly self-motivated and results orientated candidate able to become part of a competence team
- Strong and effective communicator
- Ability and willingness to travel within NCE region
- Able to multitask and prioritize daily work under a fast-paced environment
There will be travel of up to 3 weeks per annum expected in this role.
What we offer:
- As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Amongst the many amenities we offer: Medical aid, pension scheme, and much more.
Closing date: 12th March 2020
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.