Furniture Sales Specialist
When you join our team, you’ll enjoy extra savings with a 20% discount on almost everything in store – even food! And a 30% discount on Indoor and Outdoor furniture. Additional benefits include a same day pay option (hourly associates only), discounts on Apple products, Verizon, AT&T services, and more! For More information about benefits, see https://www.biglots.com/corporate/careers/benefits.
Responsible for providing superior customer service and maintaining in-depth knowledge of products, services, and payment options. Utilizes appropriate sales techniques to drive furniture sales and build customer relationships. Accountable for the operational, merchandising, and cleanliness aspects of the furniture department. May be tasked with general store duties including cashiering, customer service, and light cleaning or maintenance as assigned.
1. Spends quality time with customers by listening to their needs and providing product, services, and payment option information, competing product comparisons, and recommendations.
2. Maintains up to date knowledge of product details, competing product comparison information, services, and payment option offerings to assist customers in making informed decisions and ensuring complete satisfaction.
3. Consistently utilizes cross-selling techniques as appropriate.
4. Assists with basic clienteling activities.
5. Assists in maintaining accurate records related to furniture inventory, price holds, special orders, customer pick-ups, etc.
6. Participates in the warehousing and organization of furniture stock and merchandise carry-outs. May assist in truck unload as needed.
7. Identifies and communicates furniture display needs and assembles display items as needed.
8. Ensures all processes and procedures related to furniture transactions are completed properly and operates point-of-sale systems efficiently and accurately.
9. Assists in maintaining the merchandising and presentation standards of the department and performs merchandise recovery functions as needed.
10. Maintains appearance of the store’s interior and exterior to company standards, including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
11. Performs other tasks as assigned by Furniture and Store Leadership, including general store duties, shrink control, and safety-related tasks.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
3. Prior retail sales experience and knowledge of sales techniques preferred.
4. Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required.
5. Previous experience operating a point of sale system preferred.
6. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, move product on and off store shelves, perform merchandise carry-outs, and to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
7. Basic English literacy and math skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.