Truck Care General Manager - Gulfport, MS
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As the Truck Care General Manager, you will be responsible for managing all location staff functions in order to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining center profitability. This includes meeting or exceeding annual/monthly sales and production objectives to insure a positive EBIT and protecting all Goodyear assets within area of responsibility, including but not limited to inventory, accounts receivable, trucks, and equipment. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Attaining total customer satisfaction through the direction and maintenance of a Total Quality Culture impetus by satisfying business needs of the customer.
- Personally, supervising and assisting in the training of Center personnel to develop their maximum potential in productivity and upward mobility. This includes department managers, Service Manager, and Office Manager.
- Apprising management of all competitive products, practices, and distribution.
- Assuring marketing programs are understood by all personnel and control programs to produce desired EBIT.
- Managing all safety, health and environmental processes by conducting morning safety huddles, leading by safety first, enforcing all safety regulations and rules, and reporting and sending all required paperwork for any injuries and accidents to management.
- 2 years or more of successful management experience
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Associate or bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of tire manufacturing, manufacturing process systems
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, be able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.