The Weyerhaeuser Greenville Lumber mill (located in Grifton, NC) has an opportunity for experienced individuals to join our Multi-craft Maintenance team! We are seeking skilled Multi-Craft Maintenance Technicians with a knowledge of mechanical equipment, processes and techniques to safely repair, modify, install and maintain the facility and high-tech manufacturing equipment.
- Machinery lubrication & other preventative maintenance assignments
- Repairing & troubleshooting mechanical power transmissions
- Bearing installment, coupling, belts, sprockets and chain drive installations
- Repair and troubleshooting of Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Metal fabrication and basic principles of cylinder repair
- Aid as needed to other team members, such as electricians, to ensure assigned tasks are safely
- Machine center troubleshooting, repair, assembly and preventative maintenance; reading blueprint and sketches proficiently to fabricate equipment and make modifications; repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools. PLC and VFD troubleshooting and replacement.
- Ladder Logic knowledge and use is a plus
- High school education or GED from an accredited institution
- Willing and able to work a weekend schedule to include holidays as operating conditions require
- Solid communication skills
- Desire to work in a market focused, team environment.
- A personal and total commitment to observe all safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of machinery lubrication, mechanical power transmissions, bearing installment, coupling, belts, sprockets, chain drive installations, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, metal fabrication and cylinder repair
- Commitment to follow all unit mechanical/maintenance practices
- Ability to work in extreme heat/cold, navigate catwalks and ladders and perform other functions required in a manufacturing environment
- An uploaded resume detailing education and job history is required for consideration
- Two (2) years' experience in Industrial maintenance work
- Past employment experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP)
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we've been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.