Requisition Number: URGEN01728
Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Provides primary and urgent care to patients following accepted standards and protocols.
- Perform complete physical exams and assessments of patients including urgent and non-urgent presentation.
- Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
- Perform procedures including laceration repair, orthopedics and provide referrals to medical specialists.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
- Notate findings and treatment course in patient electronic chart including follow-up notes.
- Perform physicals—including sports, DOT, non-DOT, pre-employment and annuals.
- Evaluate patients for workers’ compensation injuries, coordinating with employer/clients to balance the needs of the patient and requirements of the employer.
- Oversee mid-level providers working independently at clinics within the region, when necessary.
- 2+ years clinical experience providing patient care as PA, NP or Staff Physician. Preference for ABMS Board certification in internal medicine, family practice, or emergency medicine.
- Understanding of medical coding and billing.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations including OSHA, HIPAA, blood borne pathogens and others.
- Competent with common PC applications including Internet, Email and Microsoft Office as well as comfortable with EMR applications.
- Understanding and experience with occupational health practices, including CME qualification, drug testing protocols, employment physicals, and OSHA guideline.
CRH Healthcare provides a professional work environment, a strong clinical support organization and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
CRH Healthcare an equal opportunity employer: M/F/D/V