For 52 years, Outside In, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), has transformed thousands of lives by helping break the cycles of chronic homelessness, poverty, and poor health among Portland's LGBTQIA+ community, people of color, those experiencing homelessness, and the underserved. Our health clinic and young adult programs strive to meet people where they are and provide safe, affirming spaces for our community to receive judgment-free care and support.
Outside In offers services at nine locations across the Portland Metro Region. Our health clinic serves patients ages 13 to the elderly and provides comprehensive primary care, behavioral health, substance use treatment, and harm reduction services (Learn more at OusideIn.org).
Outside In has an exciting opportunity for a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) to work in a mission oriented, patient-centered and community based health care practice.
The Family Nurse Practitioner provides primary care to a diverse population of low-income, uninsured and under-insured children and adults, in our new Federally Qualified Health Center located in East Portland. The FNP diagnoses, treats and manages acute and chronic health conditions, and provides preventive care focused on health risk factor reduction and patient self-management. This primary care provider will work within a team in the delivery of services breaking the barriers of traditional settings in order to meet patients where they are at and with patients at the center of care.
Outside In values diversity in thought, background and experience. Black, Indigenous, and People of color; people with disabilities; women or non-binary candidates; and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you're the type of person who….
- Is committed to serving the most vulnerable individuals in our community while understanding the complexities of the health delivery system.
- Enjoys providing a full scope family practice services, including pediatrics and pre-natal care.
- Considers yourself to be a patient oriented person who works well in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Is a creative thinker and problem solver and enjoys an innovative approach to the work.
- Is self-motivated and committed to lead and deliver high quality clinical services.
This is the position for you!
- Current Oregon licensure as a Family Nurse Practitioner with prescribing authority.
- Current DEA number and National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
- Current Basic Life Support CPR credential.
- Experience in provision of primary care to marginalized and oppressed populations is highly desirable.
- Three years' experience providing direct care as a full scope family medical provider.
- Experience working on FQHC setting highly desirable.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Must pass DHS background check.
- Expert-level knowledge of pharmacology and medical/clinical decision-making.
- Knowledge of integrated and patient centered primary care in an FQHC setting.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary approach to physical and mental health and chemical dependency, including Medication Assisted Treatment.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to display non-judgmental attitude.
- Experience with or openness to learning how to support transgender patients.
Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance; health reimbursement account funded by employer; short and long term disability plan; continuing medical education paid time and allowance; paid time off and holidays; and retirement plan that includes an employer contribution. Outside In is also a National Health Service Corp loan repayment qualified site. 20% Admin time allocation
If this sounds like a good match for your experience and future goals, please apply here. We can't wait to meet you.
The position opened on October 16, 2020. We will accept applications until the position is filled.