Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella is seeking a Meat Department Manager join our GREENWICH, CT store team! This role is responsible for all aspects of the meat department including overall upkeep of Citarella’s standards of product quality and excellence, driving sales and profit, overseeing multiple shifts and developing personnel, managing daily department execution, and providing exceptional guest experiences!
- Minimum 3 years experience managing a meat department, butcher shop, or similar/relevant supervisory role preferably in a retail food environment
- Minimum 7+ years experience working in a meat/butcher role
- Flexibility to work store schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, open and close schedule
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Food safety and sanitation knowledge
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision
- Proficient computer knowledge and skills; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to train, develop, and motivate current and new employees in all areas
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job including standing during scheduled hours, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting items of usually 5 -60 pounds. Working rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all customers are being services properly and the store operations are being completed in a timely manner
Overview of Responsibilities
- Oversee multiple-shift operations of the department
- Manage department profitability, merchandising, guest service, appearance, and associate supervision
- Lead by example and perform all tasks expected of team members such as cutting, weighing and packaging meat products, proactively assisting customers and treating all employees with care and respect
- Delegate and follow up on tasks, ensure daily production periods and operations are fully executed, and manage department sales and productivity of team members to maximize profitability and minimize shrink
- Ensure adherence of all duties and procedures performed by team members such as full stocked cases and adequate product levels for the next shift Manage employee performance and provide ongoing feedback to train, cross-train and develop employees
- Ensure employees are upholding the highest standards of product quality in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines
- Possess knowledge of department trends and analyze various reports to forecast and adjust inventory levels and labor needs to maximize department sales and profits
- Operate relevant equipment in a safe and productive manner. Assure all employees observe appropriate safety precautions
- Follow and enforce safe and sanitary food handling practices always including, but not limited to, proper hand washing, use of food handler gloves, hair restraints, storing product in appropriate areas, etc. Assure all clerks in the department follow guidelines
- Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide great customer service that encourage customer loyalty
- Other duties, projects, tasks as per business need
- Competitive Wages
- Medical/Dental/Vision /life insurance benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)