Who We Are
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August 2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids worldwide. littleBits democratizes hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with their platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go #BeyondCode.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You’ll Do
Our Warehouse Lead is a full time position that will direct the activities of our warehouse personnel involved in the receiving, production and shipping of Sphero products. You will ensure that all policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists Site Manager with development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by warehouse team.
- Supervises all shipping, receiving, and packing room activities performed by warehouse team.
- Maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on the warehouse floor throughout the shift.
- Leads by example and trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines crew being supervised.
- Supervises inventory control process.
- Resolves warehouse-related issues with representatives from other departments throughout the company.
- Reviews, prioritizes, and organizes all outgoing orders.
- Schedules equipment maintenance as required.
- Forecasts crewing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly.
- Coordinates with the Site Manager to manage personnel issues and requests.
- Leads crew by example by loading trucks and/or performing other duties as necessary.
- Performs administrative tasks as necessary.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all warehouse operations.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for the crew.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong inventory control skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and math skills, especially as it relates to inventory and movement of inventory. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to track inventory in the warehouse.
- Experience with Excel functionality such as VLOOKUP, Sum and Average.
- Experience with Gmail.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Forklift certified or able to become forklift certified.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement and cell phone benefit.