As a key member of the Technical Publications team, the Technical Illustrator is responsible for producing and delivering end-user technical illustrations for packaging equipment to be included in technical manuals, assembly books, and catalogs, digital content, and supplemental materials. This position reports to the Technical Publications Supervisor and will collaborate cross functionally to produce parts and assembly illustrations, as well as verify accuracy of content by obtaining Subject Matter Expert (SME) technical reviews. This position ensures that all illustrations and diagrams meet established content standards as well as customer-specific requirements. This position is a key part of each project team and participates in all aspects of product development as a user advocate.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with engineering design teams to create a variety of technical graphics and diagrams/drawings that demonstrate orientation and accurate appearance of part and assembly views for maintenance instructions within technical manuals and publications.
- Create and construct illustrations in 3D images that meet engineering standards as well as customer-specific requirements.
- Collaborate and interact with writers, engineers, assembly, and other team members to understand product details and functionality.
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met at all stages of development and revise technical illustrations/drawings as required, until gaining final approval.
- Assist in the update of existing parts catalogs based on modifications to designs and equipment as well as on customer demand.
- Maintain an effective documentation and revisioning system to manage a large inventory of illustrations and technical information.
- Integrate best quality standards and procedures in creating technical illustrations.
- Support other departments as required with technical material, photos, and videos.
- Track labor by project and task, ensuring work does not exceed project budget.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Learn key software (illustration creation/publishing/storage).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or Associates Degree (in-process or completed) with 3 years of related experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Desire to develop product design/development skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in illustration, infographics, and technical concepts
- Basic ability to determine quickly what a drawing needs to include, what is missing, and how best to present the information for all end users.
- Ability to create simple graphics and manipulate photos.
- Ability to think analytically and creatively.
- Exposure to 3D modeling software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Ability to work under the guidance and mentorship of a more senior Technical Illustrator to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel and be an effective team member.
- Ability to communicate effectively and organize own work.
- Good time management skills.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Exposure to Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat Professional.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.