Requisition Number: CONTE02644
Responsible for content development strategy as it pertains to ScanSource. Responsibilities will range from conducting content audits, copywriting, and thought leadership development. Ideal candidate is an independent worker who can prioritize and complete tasks daily.
Essential Job Duties:
- Will drive strategy for, maintain, and update ScanSource content
- Create recommendations for new marketing pieces that will promote ScanSource as a thought leader.
- Monitor industry trends and make recommendations on content pieces.
- Must have a working knowledge of distribution.
- Will conduct audit of ScanSource content library.
- Must be able to work diplomatically with ScanSource’s internal audiences to create pieces that satisfy the requirements of the different departments.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from detailed conversations.
- Research industry-related topics
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Create and distribute marketing copy to advertise our company and products
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in blog posts
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Must have a copywriting background.
- Candidate should be self-driven and display honesty, passion and excellent communication skills.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the Content Strategist position.
- Reports to Manager, Creative Team
- Ability to take technical information and make it easy to understand.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Time-management skills
- Familiarity with SEO
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or relevant field
- 3 yrs. previous experience in a marketing, communications, or project management role.
- Proficiency in foreign language (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German)
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel less than 10% of the time
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer