Requisition Number: MANAG01700
This position will provide comprehensive accounting support to Proterra’s Corporate Controller and other site leadership team members. Proterra is seeking a Manager, Cost Accounting to join our high performing Finance and Accounting team to support its explosive growth. The person will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues relating to cost accounting in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
We need someone who has hands on Cost Accounting experience in a Manufacturing environment. This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of company-wide accounting on inventory valuation, inventory management, and COGs by providing process knowledge, technical expertise, business collaboration, and reporting leadership, with a strong desire to improve processes and controls. Proterra currently has Inventory orgs with FIFO and Standard Costing. The candidate must be a leader, have experience in managing teams, be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and be hands-on. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused on process improvement and has the passion to excel.
About the Role – You will:
- Standard manufacturing cost set-up and roll-up for products
- Setting up overhead and Bill of Material (BOM) & partner with operations team to ensure BOM accuracy and manufacturing cost impact on financials
- Perform variance analysis (e.g., PPV, Cost Revaluation, work order variances), investigate large variances and provide recommendations for improvement
- Manage the month end close process related to inventory, COGS, and all manufacturing variances
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations/analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts related to inventory, COGs and variances
- Prepare and update overhead rates calculations for indirect manufacturing expenses for inventory valuation
- Quarterly analysis of excess & obsolete inventory and suggest reserves, direct labor & OH calculations and update overhead rates
- Handling internal controls documentation and testing related to inventory, COGS and variances
- Assist in the development of the accounting team, including staffing, performance management, and training
- Constantly drive improvements to processes through automation
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in special projects, system improvements or ad hoc analyses/projects as assigned
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Accounting team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us to do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Greenville based Accounting team that supports Proterra’s Manufacturing and Engineering operations in Greenville, SC.
- You will report to the Corporate Controller and collaborate with other Accounting team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, CA.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinker with attention to detail who can seek innovative solutions to complex business process.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Strong time management and organizational skills that works independently with general supervision.
- Team-player that is willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills; Continuously identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Self-starter with strong ethical standards
- Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, with proven supervisory experience
- CPA a plus
- Oracle experience is a plus
- Critical thinker with attention to detail who can seek innovative solutions to complex business issues
- Strong multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
Location: Greenville, SC
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).