We're Elliott Davis, and we're revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
Elliott Davis is a rapidly growing CPA firm with over 800 professionals across multiple states within the Southeast. Consistently named among the “Best Places to Work,“ we are committed to providing employees with opportunities, benefits and programs that contribute to long term career fulfillment. We are looking for an IT Audit Senior to join our Greenville, SC office.
So, what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked.
The IT Audit Senior is responsible for involving and completing of project and engagement for multiple clients. Responsibilities include planning, fieldwork, and completing information systems audits and business process controls; and conducting activities related to internal audits or Sarbanes-Oxley attestations. The IT Audit Senior works closely with management and staff and plays a key role in client management and practice development.
- Evaluating and testing business processes and business controls to assist with understanding and managing firm risk on audits and proposals for financial institutions
- Conducting IT and operational controls reviews as part of internal audit engagements
- Performing IT and operational controls assessments (including general computer and application controls) to assist the audit and assurance teams with planning the engagement strategy to address technology-related controls risks
- Testing IT and/or operational controls (including general computer and application controls) in support of financial statement audits, internal control audits and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 projects
- Developing written reports of control descriptions, findings, and recommendations
- Maintaining active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Information Technology, Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience with a regional or national accounting firm.
- Certification/license: CISA, CISSP and/or CIA, CPA
- Knowledge and experience related to IT internal audits and Information security
- Experience performing IT support for financial statement audits, IT SOX assistance or internal audits of information systems and technology infrastructure
- Exposure to financial applications such as GL, AR, AP, inventory, payroll or financial reporting systems
- A strong understand of business documentation standards
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Prior experience in banking / financial institutions is preferred
- Experience performing internal and external vulnerability scan desirable
- Candidate must be willing to travel a minimum of 30% - 40%