Requisition Number: COMMI01699
This position will provide comprehensive technical support to Proterra’s Greenville Site Commissioning Supervisor and other site leadership team members. You will be responsible for vehicle commissioning and End-of-Line testing of vehicles and sub-systems, which will include validating the operation and performance of the vehicles wiring and electrical systems through the build and at the End-of-Line Commissioning station.
About the Role – You will:
- Adhere to the current Proterra manufacturing system to commission each vehicle at the End-of-Line (EOL) test station.
- Validate the correct operation of each system; Verify operation and performance of electrical systems using test equipment and through use of the vehicles computer control system.
- Troubleshoot wiring and other control systems.
- Assist to generate and improve current testing procedures; Creates tools to aid the commissioning tasks.
- Thoroughly documents issues found and job progress.
- Maintain and improve the processes of vehicle commissioning relative to the demands of the production schedule.
- Support creation and implementation of sub-system tests before final vehicle assembly to reduce End-of-Line testing required.
- Function as a team member with other departments to troubleshoot issues and improve our products.
- Responsible for maintaining daily 5S standards including proper daily storage of hand tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Commissioning team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest-level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Greenville based Commissioning team that supports Proterra’s Manufacturing and Engineering operations in Greenville, SC.
- You will report to the Site Commissioning Supervisor and collaborate with other Commissioning team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facility in Los Angeles, CA.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- 4+ years’ manufacturing assembly experience.
- Significant experience in programming and machine controls or electronics validation and testing.
- Experience/ability to read and understand wiring schematics and drawings.
- Experience troubleshooting complex electrical systems; familiarity with electronic test equipment setup and operation.
- Strong understanding of the theory of operation of automotive or transportation related electrical system; knowledge of electronics and electronics systems integration and verification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Physical Demands:
- May work various shifts as needed; may be requested to travel to different locations.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Able to walk, stand, crouch, bench, kneel, lift, carry and reach as needed in large and tight spaces.
- Good eye/hand coordination and ability to identify color variations, depth perceptions and close or distance visual items.
- Manual dexterity with occasional repetitive finger motion.
- Environmental Demands:
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment with extreme heat and cold conditions.
- Wear protective clothing or respiratory protective equipment.
- Works with irritant chemicals, gases, etc.
You might also have:
- Associate’s Degree in a related field
- Manufacturing assembly experience in automotive areas.
- Ability to program in ladder logic, National Instructs LabView or other applicable language
Location: Greenville, SC
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).