Produces/assembles materials, parts, sub-assemblies, in-process goods, etc. in the manufacture of filter products. Ensures order requirements and quality standards are met. Work may be performed in a production line environment with items automatically moving past work stations on conveyors or may be performed in a work cell or fabrication environment. May perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of repetitive assembly operations by hand and/or operates various assembly line or fabrication equipment in the assembly of filter products.
- Inspects materials, sub-assemblies, and/or finished product ensuring compliance with established quality specifications.
- Completes various forms of paperwork (i.e. production tickets, scrap tickets, transfer tickets, and product process record) as required. Uses computer system for activities such as scanning bar codes and accessing information.
- Participates in product changeovers by moving parts to/from line and/or making minor adjustments to equipment.
- Performs functions of line attendant, including determining production run requirements, transporting parts and materials between and within work centers and stacking cases of product onto skids for storage or shipment.
- Follows safety procedures and safe work practices.
- Cleans work area, picking up and properly disposing of scrap, trash, etc. and performs general housekeeping tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent GED.
Communicate with appropriate personnel about problems encountered while performing job duties. In-person interaction with co-workers and supervisors.
Perform basic math functions such as addition and subtraction.
Learn and comprehend standard operating procedures and basic production techniques.
Read and write to complete required paperwork and access information on the computer.
Distinguish between various items for proper length, width, shape, color, and other characteristics. Visual depth perception for safety around machines.
Hand/eye coordination and finger/hand dexterity to perform a variety of highly repetitive assembly operations.
Stand throughout the shift, although some operations may require sitting. Move to various work stations to perform assignments.
Frequently/repetitively bend, push/pull and reach with hands and arms in standing and/or sitting position to assemble product, load parts, assist in changeovers, etc.
Frequently lift up to 25 lbs.
Work around moving conveyors.
Work in an industrial environment with exposure to noise, possible temperature extremes, dirt, solvents, paper dust, etc.
Maintain satisfactory record of attendance and conduct.
Available to work any shift and overtime as needed.