Requisition Number: SPECI01389
CBL Properties, one of the largest mall REITs in the United States, is in search of a Specialty Leasing Manager (SLM) for Friendly Center in Greensboro, NC.
The Specialty Leasing Manager has full responsibility for the specialty leasing financial performance and operation at assigned center(s). The Specialty Leasing Manager’s role contributes to the financial success of the mall through effective leasing of temporary space to tenants. This position requires a strong understanding of sales and merchandising in order to negotiate license agreements, leases, business development, contracts and market to prospective merchants.
The SLM role may be a training position for possible advancement to upper levels of Specialty Leasing, Leasing and/or General Manager. Specific responsibilities include canvassing/prospecting the regional market as well as researching potential concepts to generate new leads, documenting in CRM, effectively negotiating terms of tenancy with operators, securing proper approvals and documentation, and coordinating set-up of RMU/kiosk/inline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Recommend and implement programs that will contribute to assigned center(s) profitability.
- Identify opportunities for income enhancement and expense reduction including lease prospects, optimal mix, and related canvassing, negotiation of new and renewing license agreements/ leases with SL Home Office approval, coordination of temporary tenant program.
- Assign locations for the specialty merchants, taking into account the product lines of permanent merchants. Coordinate set-up and operation of temporary tenants with operations staff at assigned center(s). Monitor and account for the maintenance and upkeep of RMU’s.
- Facilitate deal-making administrative responsibilities directly and with the assistance of mall General Manager/ Administrative Assistant, utilizing the company CRM process.
- Partner with Leasing Manager to identify potential temporary to permanent conversion prospects in assigned center(s). Promote the identity of the Specialty Leasing program and create awareness of other CBL properties in the region.
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen collaborative relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Listen actively and express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others; express self clearly in business writing to effectively reach the audience.
- Remain open to different and new ways of doing things; willing to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Adaptable to the changing nature of the business.
Business Strategy and Budgeting
- Identify property objectives with team specialty/home office. Prospect for unique product lines in order to expand the merchandise mix of the center and increase revenue. Maintain organized CRM system for contacts.
- Monitor visual merchandising presentations and overall operation of the Specialty Leasing program.
- Analyze financial reports and functions continuously including monitoring of collections for both temporary and permanent tenants. Coordinate with Operations Services department to assure timely payment of specialty tenant(s) rent obligations and delinquency collections.
- Prepare, revise and/or review projection/ sales reports and Specialty Leasing budget. Insure Specialty Leasing income projections per the monthly budget process are met and reconciled. Assist the team to achieve the minimum rent projections for the assigned center(s).
- Develop long-range plans for the assigned center(s) accomplishment of income generating objectives.
- Document Specialty Leasing program activities appropriately and include noteworthy information in mall management staff meetings bi-weekly/weekly.
- Prioritize projects to meet required deadlines. Carefully manages several projects at once, focusing on the desired end-result of one’s work.
- Interact and collaborate as is appropriate with Leasing, Business Development, General Manager, Marketing and others to ensure effective outcomes. Function as part of the leasing and management team for the assigned center(s).
- Ensure that work is complete and carefully reviews the accuracy of information in work.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University and a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Sales.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public relations abilities.
- Proficiency in computer usage, particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- ICSC designations preferred, but not required.
- This position requires flexibility in working hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CBL is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and subsequent opportunities for training and/or promotions for all job titles without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.