POSITION SUMMARY: The Recycling Center Maintenance Technician performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling equipment (sorting screens, optical sorters, magnets, eddy currents, etc), electrical systems, balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using chars, diagnostic software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, route maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling equipment, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers, conveyor systems, and compactors.
- Repairs or replaces parts as directed by a work order system. Completes field service reports in a work order system.
- Overhauls or replaces machine components and replace worn items.
- Communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with equipment users to minimize future repairs.
- Independently troubleshoot and maintain complex electromechanical equipment.
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to standard schedules.
- May maintain, repair and install plumbing, electrical, HVAC, odor systems, and negative pressure systems
- Installs and sets up new equipment and communicate with vendors regarding maintenance schedules.
- Reads, troubleshoots and programs simple PLC instructions to enhance plant monitoring and performance as requested by operations staff or to support maintenance objectives.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with building maintenance, HVAC, odor systems and negative pressure systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on equipment in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
- PLC Programming experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year of equipment maintenance and repair experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.