Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
As an intern at Syngenta, you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, and work on real projects finding real solutions. Work with us and you’ll get:
- Competitive wages
- Ongoing career development resources
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects
- Meaningful projects that solve problems
The Packaging Intern will support our 5 packaging engineer’s development, maintenance and cost reduction projects. The intern will interface closely with all groups (i.e. Formulation Development, Purchasing, Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, Commercial, Country Contacts…etc) associated with product commercialization and is expected to utilize available technologies, knowledge and communication tools to maintain the Syngenta’s industry leading reputation in packaging. As part of this experience, the intern will have the opportunity to manage their own project.
Syngenta has two separate Packaging Co-Op openings with different start and end dates.
This opening is for:
June 2021 – December 2021
The expectation is that each selected Co-Op will be able to work 40 hours a week for the duration for their assignment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in new product launch in meetings with Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing and other organizational groups throughout the product development and supply chain process
- Participate in Packaging Development in meetings with suppliers, to learn about the latest industry innovations, develop new packages, and investigate packaging issues that may arise
- Will potentially travel with other engineers to supplier/manufacturing locations in support of package development and analysis
- Perform UN and Non-UN package testing our state-of-the-art test lab
- Set up and manage shelf-life and material compatibility studies
- Create prototypes with Solidworks and our three 3D printers
- Creating and maintaining packaging specifications
- Creating assembly instruction drawings and images to aid Manufacturing
- Write test reports
- Actively participating in group-meetings
Education & Experience:
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Packaging Science, or another closely related field of study
- Fluent in English
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs consistently
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong PC Skills
Work Level: XZ
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)