Drucker + Falk is a performance driven real estate services and investment firm with an 80-year history of delivering optimal asset value to our clients. We specialize in third party multifamily and commercial management, brokerage, investment sponsorship, asset development and construction consultation. We manage a diverse portfolio of more than 30,000 multifamily apartments, over three million square feet of commercial space, and have brokered more than a billion dollars in commercial transactions.
DRUCKER + FALK
Looking to the future, trying to see where your passion is? Is it HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting or Carpentry? Do you like having new challenges every day? Why not have it all with a career in one of the fastest-growing industries. Drucker+ Falk Multifamily, in business since 1938, with over 40,000 apartment homes nationwide wants you. Have it all and more: great pay, training, advancement, and a long term career.
The Maintenance/Service Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent and is responsible for performing make-ready repairs to all vacant units prior to move-in.
Must be HVAC certified
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform repairs to make-ready units in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for 24 hour on-call, as scheduled by the Maintenance Superintendent, respond to on-call paging.
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent or Housekeeper with their work if necessary.
- Assist the Grounds personnel with trashing out units if necessary.
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent with inventory control and utilization of maintenance materials and supplies.
- Inspect property for improvements and repairs and review with the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Perform work order requests if necessary.
- Assist the Maintenance Superintendent with maintenance requests.
- Ensure that the grounds are free of litter at all times.
- Operate and perform scheduled maintenance properly on all equipment.
- Know the location of gas and water meter emergency cut offs, all apartment and fixture cut offs, and sewer clean outs.
- Paint interior and exterior when required.
- Maintain a professional appearance in uniform and display a good attitude at all times.
- Be aware of personal hygiene and cleanliness while on the job.
- Understand the importance of a good attitude and “team spirit”. Work well with other staff members.
- Be cooperative in helping at another site when needed and be flexible to transfer to another property if needed.
- Assist the Property Manager or other staff members when requested.
- Perform work orders with “same day completion” in mind.
- Review work orders with Maintenance Superintendent on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Maintenance Superintendent.
- Responsible for adherence to policies outline outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for keeping the Maintenance shop clean and in order at all times.
- Be immediately available in the event of snow.
- Follow the Maintenance General Operating Policies.
- After-hours on call required on a rotating basis.
- Must have reliable transportation
- HVAC skills - CFC certification
- CPO certification preferred
- Plumbing, electrical, carpentry skills
- Knowledge of SDS and OSHA
- 608 Refrigerant Certification preferred, but not requires. Will train if necessary.
Position offers outstanding growth potential, paid sick leave, vacation & holidays, full benefits and 401K participation. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.