Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
We believe that that most IT departments witness change, we aim to cause it by discovering and applying new and novel technologies to real world problems. We are looking for curious, determined and high performing individuals who will push hard for breakthroughs that help the company.
The Cloud & Compute team is a key component of Syngenta’s IT, responsible for offering a highly flexible, managed and secure Cloud first infrastructure for applications. As an Intern within the Cloud & Compute team, you will be part of an agile DevOps team and will develop applications, automation, or enhance tools that improve our Cloud platform services.
Duration: May 2021 – August 2021
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand customer issues, diagnose problems, design solutions to improve users’ experience and facilitate deployment.
- SAP Fiori app deployments as per customer requirements.
- Writing and managing various documents like technical solution document, user manuals, SOP, test cases.
- Production deployments.
- Various system integrations
- Addressing technical queries from different stakeholders
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with a graduation date on or after August 2021
- Programming experience with at Java, AS ABAP (Good to Have) and Scripts Java Script, HTML5, CSS and Frameworks like React JS/Angular
- Understanding and familiarity with Tools Web IDE, Eclipse, Fiori Launch Pad
- New Product Development in UI5 or Enhance existing Application
- Knowledge of Fiori Elements and using Annotation in OData Services
- SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0 -> Sound knowledge of consuming oData services
- Web Services -> Sound knowledge of Web Services SOAP (XML) and Rest APIs (JSON)
- ABAP and or SAP configuations experience (preferred)
- SAPUI5 -> Good Understanding of SAPUI5 library and MVC pattern
- Hands on experience on SAP UI5, Fiori (implementation of standard apps and extensions of standard apps)
- Should be an expert in RESTful Web Services, and API integration
- Strong documentation and experience in UI design
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive task to completion.
- Passionate about improving users’ experience
- Curious about and keeps up to date with current technology industry and developments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think out of box and come up with innovative solutions.
- Ability to lead, be self-directed and/or work independently or as part of a team.
- Highly energetic, committed and self-driven.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)