Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Perform analysis of group health plan claims data for employee benefit clients of McGriff Insurance Services. Support underwriting and actuarial functions to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Request and collect employee benefit plan information from clients, insurance, carriers and third party administrators.
- Analyze group medical claims data for clients' employee benefit plans provided by insurance carriers and third party administrators.
- Review data for discrepancies, inconsistencies, outliers, large claims, etc.
- Validate implementation and periodic updates of clients' employee benefit plan information within data analytics platform.
- Gather employee benefit plan information from clients and alternative sources for benchmarking.
- Support underwriting, actuarial valuation and forecasting functions following established practices, tools and software.
- Ensure accuracy of premium rates, benefits and other data collected from carriers.
- Draft reports and presentations ensuring completeness and submit to senior team members for review.
- Participate in product/service quality improvement initiatives.
- Follow process improvement protocols for the department and make suggestions.
- Work as a team with Account Managers to understand expectations for meeting deliverables.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Analytics or related quantitative field or equivalent education and related training
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and multiple project management skills
- Attention to detail and quality-oriented
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify