The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to storage locations
- Stacks and stores merchandise in designated areas using a forklift, clamp, push-pull or other powered equipment
- Pulls and prepares products for shipment
- Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Performs picking duties in an efficient manner meeting customer service standards
- Moves product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Maintains appropriate records and reports to guarantee inventory control and security
- Assists in physical inventories
- Ensures proper stock rotation
- Conducts cycle counts as requested
- Must have Excel knowledge plus general computer knowledge.
- At least 1 year experience forklift experience and/or using warehouse distribution equipment
- Willingness to become forklift certified
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs without restriction
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid