The Diabetes Business
Manager is responsible for the management of his/her assigned specialists and
for business development with a select group of key external experts and
accounts. The incumbent will direct
their specialists in developing and implementing territory business plans for
maximizing net sales of BIPI and co-promoted diabetes products that align with
direction from BIPI commercial leadership and with BIPI guidelines, policies,
and directives. The Diabetes Business
Manager ensures equal and consistent application of established policies and
procedures in the management of employees to meet or exceed sales goals.
As an employee of
Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery,
development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our
global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally,
offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies'
success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our
people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy
working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit
programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
- Develops, enhances,and increases district performance of BIPI’s diabetes portfolio to meet orexceed annual company net sales. Implementsa District sales strategy (District business plan) to be executed through thespecialists. Exercises fiscal control on allocated operating budgets.
- Recruits and selectsTop Talent applicants from a pool of highly qualified diverse candidates toensure all allocated positions are filled. Proactively develops pool forspecialist talent. Effectivelyadministers salary and reward programs. Retains talent with demonstratedsuccessful performance results. Appliesappropriate coaching styles to each direct report that motivates highperformance and ensures accountability.Provides regular, candid, and timely feedback during days in the fieldand via remote coaching conversations, which is documented in Coaching for Excellenceand MAG plans. Ensures all directreports have actionable Development Plans that grows talent for increasedresponsibility. Acts early to identifyperformance challenges or deficiencies and creates plans to appropriatelyaddress performance gaps. Works in closepartnership with Regional Director and HR, to guide all disciplinary action inthe District, up to and including terminations.
- Analyzes andevaluates the performance of the district. Cultivates teamwork by participatingin cross-functional, Regional & HQ meetings to develop district businessplans and utilizes appropriate data sources to develop district tacticalplans. Manages district at a high levelof productivity. Facilitatescross-district communications, projects and activities. Plans and executes district meetings thateffectively implement objectives and strategies as determined by the Company.
- Acts as the customerchannel expert for his/her district and models sales excellence to their directreports. Spends appropriate amount of time independently developing prioritizedexternal experts and emerging accounts and their relationships to fosterCompany business. Responds to the needsof the customer in a timely and professional manner. Develop a highly integrated district businessplan and contributes to the development of the zone business plans. Develops positive and mutually beneficialrelationships with Company internal customers, with key accounts in all classesof trade and with BIPI’s co-promotion partners to meet all assigned Companysales goals.
- Works effectivelywith all customer-facing roles (ie. Account teams, Medical teams, etc.) in agiven geography to meet customer needs and deliver net sales objectives. Demonstrates strong collaboration andcommunication as customers evolve and ownership of accounts transition fromtraditional to account based.
- Communicatescandidly with supervisor and direct reports.Ensures an open communication environment for direct reports. Applies appropriate coaching styles to eachdirect report to develop skills and ensure accountability.
- Possesses ability toassess organizational change management needs and applies appropriate tools tomanage change impact within respective organizational groups to ensuresuccessful implementation.
- Develops a focusedVision and create a high performance team environment which values continuedprofessional development and personal accountability. Eliminate barriers andfoster a solutions oriented winning vision throughout the district. Exhibitsboth a long-term, strategic view of the business with an acute focus on drivingimmediate results.
- Performs all Companybusiness in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA,EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they areto be immediately reported to management.Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all businesscontacts in order to maintain BIPI's excellent reputation within the medicaland pharmaceutical community.
- Bachelor's degreefrom an accredited institution required.
- A minimum of four (4)years successful pharmaceutical sales experience required.
- Requires at leastone of the following:
- Two (2) yearssuccessful pharmaceutical District Manager/Business Manager experience withexperience in the geography strongly preferred, OR
- Successful completionof at least stage 4 of the NLD (BI New Leadership Development) curriculum, OR
- Successfulcompletion of at least stage 3 of the NLD (BI New Leadership Development)curriculum with at least six (6) months experience as an Interim BusinessManager
- History ofsuccessful performance including the last two performance reviews.
- Demonstratesacceptable level of performance for all TBM competencies and AAI Behaviors
- Proficiency inExcel, Word, Outlook, and database applications.
- Expertise inpharmaceutical regulatory and compliance environment. History of successfulmanagement in pharmaceutical industry required.
- Must be eligible andauthorized under all U.S. Export Laws.
- Ability to travel(may include overnight travel).
- Should reside interritory geography or be willing to relocate.
- Valid Driver'sLicense and an acceptable driving record.
- Authorization andability to drive a Company leased vehicle or authorized rental vehicle.
- Physical Demands /Surroundings
- Daily Travel withinterritory throughout the work day with multiple stops and visits to officebuildings, hospitals and clinics. Going up and down stairs, bending, walkingand lifting above head to shelf pharmaceutical material or goods. Periodic overnight travel for training andmeetings. Intermittent repetitive lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Visual Demands
- Pass state motorvehicle vision requirement to operate motor vehicle. Must be able to work both with external andinternal customers. Comfortable in newenvironments and adverse conditions.
- Must be able to workwith diverse groups of people in similar roles, interact with medicalpractitioners, business partners, manage stress and conflict associated withgaining access to physicians in a high competitive environment.
- Level of Proficiency
- Must have theability to learn and retain complex material, pass tests demonstrating productand disease-related knowledge and deliver content to physicians verbally in aclear, effective and accurate manner in strict compliance with regulatory andother requirements.
- Attendance / Schedule
- At least 40 hoursper week, requires morning and evening flexibility as necessary to meetphysician’s schedules and coordinate evening speaker programs – Must be able tofunction in a self directed work environment.
- These physical andmental requirements represent a sampling of the physical / mental requirementsconsidered essential to the position.Although this is an accurate representation, it is by no means completeand may be changed or updated as needed.
- Must be legallyauthorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing totake a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years ofage or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation
with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough
therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need
for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term
performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a
diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for
all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit
join us in our effort to make more health.
Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer
Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer
Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont,
Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to
a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion;
national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic
partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression;
affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status;
domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local law.