Night Shift Position 7pm - 7am with rotating nights off
- Operate fork lift truck bringing materials to and from the factory
- Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials to be mixed for each run.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, gaylords boxes, and shelves via forklift or by hand. Load resins into blenders, grinders, dryers and hoppers by hand or with assistance from vacuum system.
- Prepare packaging supplies and packages for all finished product. Ensuring that all products are packaged as per specification with correct packaging material, labels and details.
- Material handling and inventory control using barcode scanner.
- Assist operators with stringing lines and taking rolls off machines as needed.
- Assist operators with roll data entry, roll changing, changing trim, mounting unwound rolls, cutovers and cleaning the systems.
- Assist warehouse manager with monthly inventories for selected customers.
- Access to confidential information such as formulas, supplier names, materials, process conditions and set-up information. (You will have to sign a confidentiality agreement upon hire)
- Any and all other duties assigned.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, sit, use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel, and reach.
- Frequently walk, talk and hear
- Occasionally climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and or move up to 60 pounds. Frequent bending is required.
The employee should be able to meet the following medical requirements to be able to operate a Power Industrial Truck (PIT):
- Employees' diagnosed with a medical history or clinical diagnosis of diabetes must be approved by the designated physician to be able to drive a PIT.
- Employees' that currently have a clinical diagnosis of high blood pressure likely to interfere with his/her ability to operate a PIT must be approved by the designated physician to be able to drive a PIT.
- With or without corrected vision, the employee shall
- Have a distance of 20/40 each eye
- Be able to able to recognize the colors of traffic signals
- Have a field of vision of at least 70o in the horizontal Meridian in each eye
- Employees' with a medical history or clinical diagnosis of epilepsy or any other condition which is likely to cause loss of consciousness or any loss of ability to control a PIT must be approved by the designated physician to be able to drive a PIT.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with workers and supervisors.
- Ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply with the aid of a calculator.
- Ability to perform complex calculations that include but are not limited to fractions and decimals
- Basic computer skills are required. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, data entry of production and materials in database.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex multiple step instructions.
- Ability to deal with non-standardized situations with multiple variables.
- Temperatures range from normal to extremely hot.
- Atmosphere will contain dust, fumes, and odors.
- Special hazards include mechanical, electrical, chemical, explosive, and radiation.
- Protective clothing/equipment required could include, but not limited to: Safety glasses, Steel toed boots, protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.