Mid - Senior Level Planner/Scheduler
Req Number: AFHC-18481
Mid - Senior Level Planner/Scheduler
GSFC (GODDARD), GREENBELT-MD029
ASRC Federal AFSS is a premier provider of systems engineering, software engineering, system integration and project management services for real-time, mission-critical defense systems. We are seeking a Mid-Senior Planner/Scheduler to support a NASA contract in Greenbelt, MD.
- Provide mid to senior level planning and scheduling support to flight projects being managed and/or built at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in accordance with NASA procedures and guidelines
- Develop project logic networks and estimate, analyze, and validate activity sequencing, durations, and resource requirements and constraints
- Status, maintain, and control integrated master schedules (IMS) using scheduling software, i.e., MS Project, Primavera
- Gather activity status and forecast information from technical leads, input data into the IMS, and analyze the data to determine overall project performance, variances, and risk areas
- Analyze project schedules to determine the critical path and evaluate schedule risks and develop what-if scenarios, work arounds and recovery plans to minimize impacts to the project schedule
- Conduct probabilistic schedule risk analysis (SRA) using Monte Carlo tool/analysis
- Maintain the IMS baseline and understand and document all approved revisions and replans
- Identify key project milestones and activities necessary to achieve project objectives and track progress toward meeting them
- Identify and document schedule and programmatic interdependencies among both internal and external project activities
- Prepare and maintain a Schedule Management Plan which defines the requirements for schedule planning, monitoring, and control
- Interface with project resource analysts to ensure costs and schedule integration of the IMS and support earned value management
- Audit, monitor, and verify contractor IMSs and scheduling systems, processes, and procedures to ensure compliance with the Schedule Management Plan, SOW, and CDRLs
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and schedule hierarchy structure to accomplish vertical and horizontal traceability
- Prepare presentation charts for monthly project management reviews, major project reviews, and other reporting as required
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of the activities involved in building and testing flight hardware and space flight project management
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and knowledge of scheduling software tools, i.e., MS Project, Primavera, Milestones Pro
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills and have the ability to work successfully with all levels of technical and project management
- Ability to manage time, prioritize work, and meet varying reporting deadlines and priorities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor degree in related field
- PMI Project Management Professional or Schedule Professional certification highly desired
- NASA experience preferred
- Compliance with NASA and Goddard Space Flight Center regulations and procedural requirements is mandatory
- Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/permanent residency requirements for access to NASA GSFC. Extensive background investigation will be performed as a requirement of the job
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience; 5 or more years of experience in lieu of a degree.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not effective. But please note that if those or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). ASRC Federal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.