Requisition Number: QCCHE02058
This position is an entry level position responsible for performing analytical testing for chemical attributes of raw materials and finished products using standard methods and generally prescribed procedures. This testing is done to show compliance with specifications and to ensure the quality of materials. This position may also carry out specific phases of more complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor or higher level chemists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up, adjust, and operate several types of laboratory apparatuses and instruments such as but not limited to: Auto-titrators, burettes, disintegration apparatus, pH meters, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer and HPLC.
- Operate several types of computerized data handling systems.
- Analyze samples for organic and inorganic compounds and for purity, potency, and stability.
- Perform sample preparation procedures using a number of techniques such as extraction, sonication, solvent evaporation, dilution, and filtration.
- Test materials to verify conformity to specifications.
- Report final test results in the computerized Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Investigate laboratory results that do not comply with specifications.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Confer with development chemists for method issues.
- Perform tasks according to written SOP's.
- Review and write laboratory documents using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Review co-worker's documentation for compliance with SOP's and written specifications.
- Maintain neat, accurate, and complete records such that they are defendable through an FDA audit.
- Communicate testing issues to lab personnel and the Quality Assurance department.
- Perform other lab-related duties or tests as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field from four-year College or university; and 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completions of an internship or research project in related field is a plus.