Schneider is seeking a strong communicator as a Media Relations Manager. The Media Relations Manager serves as primary company spokesperson as part of Schneider’s media relations team. Media relations responsibilities include researching and responding to day-to-day inquiries, identifying and capitalizing on proactive media opportunities, developing and executing communications plans and collaborating with government relations staff, as well as other departments, to promote business opportunities and resolve public affairs issues effectively. You will also partner with other departments and lead communications around key company reputation initiatives including, but not limited to, corporate social responsibility, sustainability and other programs that represent Schneider’s core values.
About the role:
- Proactively position and reactively support, advance and protect Schneider’s brand reputation in the eyes of the public, including day-to-day proactive and reactive media relations and crisis communication.
- Develop and manage trusted ongoing relationships with reporters and producers in order to successfully identify pitches and place newsworthy stories in top tier media and respond to media inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, write and distribute news releases.
- Lead development of proactive external communications strategy and execution in areas such as Corporate Social Responsibility, safety initiatives, driver associate initiatives, etc., in conjunction with cross-functional teams and outside agencies to support Schneider's reputation.
- Create and manage a rich editorial calendar, awards events, conferences and speaker grid for the executive team, general managers and other key stakeholders.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or relevant field; graduate degree is a plus.
- 4-6 years of proven experience as a media relations or public relations manager or another relevant role.
- 3 or more years of experience in transportation and logistics related issues is a plus.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (2019 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
We are a responsible member of the community.
Safety- first and always
Integrity in every action
Respect for all
Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world.
Apply today at
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.