Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently accepting applications for a Lead Electrical & Controls Designer in our Green Bay, WI location. Foth is a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented organization. We are looking for an outgoing, energetic, individual who wants a new learning experience, exposure to technical engineering, and a desire to contribute to our clients’ success.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single-discipline projects to large multidiscipline turnkey projects, Foth’s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members’ experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
• Actively promote, support, and monitor safety policies of Foth and Foth clients
• Utilize CAD software to prepare, review, modify, and create drawings
• Create and layout electrical designs for process, packaging, and utilities projects
• Interpret and implement engineering mark-ups to drawings
• Review design work performed by other team members for quality and adherence to standards
• Coordinate the work of supporting designers and drive effective communication with the Lead Electrical Engineer as well as other design staff
• Coordinate project work with clients, vendors, and OEMs as requested
• Review project drawings and submittals as requested
• Manage and file documents, and post drawings and documents to web-based sites for clients, contractors, partner companies, etc.
• Manage and organize multiple tasks; work independently and re-prioritize as necessary
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Provide panel fabrication validation, field installation, commissioning, and start-up support
- 10+ years of experience working as a designer
- Associate degree in drafting/design, electronics, or electro-mechanical technology or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with AutoCAD Electrical software
Required previous experience, with combinations of, the following:
- Specifying electrical devices and components
- Instrument installation, wiring, and component mounting
- Allen-Bradley Control System design
- Developing electrical and control cabinet layout designs and bills of material (BOM)
- I/O networks and IT network design (Control Net, Ethernet, Ethernet I/P, Profibus, Modbus +, etc.)
- Low voltage (480 and below) one line and three line drawings
- Motor control center drawings
- Electrical codes and standards (NFPA79, NEC70, NEC70E, UL508a)
- Industrial electrical construction practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Time management and communication skills
- AutoCAD Electrical administration including maintaining symbol and footprint libraries and databases
- Experience in implementing and setting up multiple AutoCAD electrical projects
- Distributed Control System (DCS) design, to include specifying modules and laying out schematic wiring
- Exposure or experience in MicroStation or Promise-E
- Experience with complex spreadsheets or databases
- Experience with installing and commissioning electrical panels and components
- Experience with delegation of work
- Experience with coaching and mentoring a design team
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.