*This role starts in January 2021.
Schneider is seeking creative, dynamic, and passionate carrier sales Freight Brokers to join our Schneider Transportation Management (STM) team. You will grow and develop your own carrier sales book of business by prospecting and building productive relationships using our state of the art tools and resources. Along with our technology, we ensure our Freight Brokers are up to date with real time market and industry data by offering an extensive brokerage training program which builds knowledge on the industry and the services Schneider offers. You will identify carrier networks, negotiate rates and ensure our customer’s freight gets delivered. You will also participate in a comprehensive training program which drives your success professionally and personally.
About the Role:
- You will quote, negotiate prices and oversee transportation services with carriers through prospecting, cold calling, qualifying and closing deals in an open transactional selling environment.
- You will grow business with current carriers in alignment with account growth strategy plans and market demands, as well as identify, prospect and generate new carriers through analysis and discovery.
- You will handle freight pickup, transit and drop off to ensure on time delivery.
- You will work closely with Sales Account Representatives to provide short term and long term carrier solutions for prospective and current customers.
As an associate you will enjoy our competitive base salary, plus uncapped commissions, growth & remote work opportunities after 12 months and an established career path based on your future goals. You will have a strong work life balance that includes, paid vacation, holidays and personal time off. You will have eligibility for medical, dental, and vision insurance and can participate in our company paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Successful candidates will:
- Have an associate's degree or have equivalent work experience.
- Be skilled in effective communication, collaboration, problem solving, and building professional relationships with carriers, shippers and internal/external customers.
- Be proficient in building proposals, negotiating rates, and delivering both long and short term shipping solutions to customers.
Check out our office videos for a peak into our open and high energy office culture: www.schneiderjobs.com/STM
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.