Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Electrical & Controls Engineer for our Green Bay, WI or Madison, WI location, who desires challenging learning experiences with opportunities for career growth while contributing to our clients’ successes.
Foth Production Solutions partners with selected Fortune 500 companies to accomplish product making and production objectives, including plant rationalization, new product introductions, productivity improvements, custom machine development and manufacturing, changeover reductions, capacity increases, and efficiency improvements.
- Provide electrical design and programming for Automated Manufacturing Systems, including advanced systems integration using programmable automation and robotics. Efforts will include the design of custom automation, modifications, and upgrades to systems as well as installation and start up commissioning support for new production facilities, new lines, and upgrades or enhancements of existing equipment
- Respond and support project and client requests for on-going controls troubleshooting, including ongoing support of production equipment (may include nights and weekends)
- Interface directly with client(s) on a daily basis to understand and respond to their needs
- Identify scope, develop proposals and create efficient and effective designs for client(s)
- Develop relationships and cultivate future work opportunities with clients and facilities as work is performed
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a combination of two-or four-year technology degree supplemented with equivalent technical training or experience
- 5-7 years of relevant engineering/design experience, including implementation of 20 or more projects involving exposure to manufacturing environments, experience troubleshooting complex projects, and demonstrating proven experience in the following technical areas:
- Industrial robotic systems (FANUC, ABB, Kuka, or equivalent)
- Industrial intelligent linear actuators and end effectors
- Integration of machine vision into robotics and automation systems
- Proven understanding of safety standards (ISO 13849-1& RIA 15.06) and risk assessments
- Experience implementing safety PLCs and safety controllers
- Rockwell ControlLogix-based PLC and FTView HMI hardware and software
- Rockwell Kinetix servo drives and motors.
- Ethernet and Ethernet/IP networking
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain within 24 months of your start date
- Engineering/design experience in the food/beverage industry
Previous Experience with the Following:
- Siemens S7 & TIA Portal PLCs including safety versions
- Siemens HMIs
- Siemens S Series servo drives
- AutoCad and AutoCad Electrical
- Advanced linear actuator/linear motor controls experience
- SQL server database programming
- Control panel - UL 508/508A standards
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.