Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Electrical & Controls Designer who has a desire to contribute to our clients’ success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Green Bay, WI or St. Louis, MO location.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single-discipline projects to large multidisciplined, turnkey projects, Foth’s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members’ experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
This position will provide electrical and controls design support for our internal team and external clients. Projects will include process, utilities, and packaging systems utilized in the production of consumer products in the beverage market.
- Actively promote, support, and monitor safety policies of Foth and Foth clients
- Utilize CAD software to prepare, review, modify, and create drawings
- Create and layout electrical designs for process, packaging, and utilities projects, primarily in the beverage industry
- Interpret and implement engineering mark-ups to drawings
- Review design work performed by other team members for quality and adherence to standards
- Coordinate project work with clients, vendors, and OEMs as requested
- Review project drawings and submittals as requested
- Manage and file documents, and post drawings and documents to web-based sites for clients, contractors, partner companies, etc.
- Manage and organize multiple tasks; work independently and re-prioritize as necessary
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Provide field installation, commissioning, and start-up support
- 5+ years of experience working as a designer
- Associate’s degree in drafting/design, electronics, or electro-mechanical technology or equivalent
- 3+ experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, or MicroStation CAD software
Required previous experience with any combination of the following:
- Specifying electrical devices and components
- Instrument installation, wiring, and components
- Allen-Bradley Control System design
- Distributed Control System (DCS) design (to include specifying modules and laying out schematic wiring)
- Developing electrical and control cabinet layout designs and bills of material (BOM)
- I/O networks and IT network design (Control Net, Ethernet, Ethernet I/P, Profibus, Modbus +, etc.)
- Low voltage (480 and down) one line and three line drawings
- Motor control center drawings
- Electrical codes and standards (NFPA79, NEC70, NEC70E, UL508)
- Industrial electrical construction practices
- Modicon control system design
- Siemens control system design
- 10+ years of experience as a designer
- Experience in implementing and setting up multiple AutoCAD electrical projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Time management and communication skills
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.