Driver Route Hybrid NonCDL-Med/Shred (Green Bay, WI, US, 54311)
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions that protect the environment, people, and public health and working to create a more sustainable future. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Driver Route Hybrid NonCDL is able to fill in as a Commercial non-CDL driver, in the Shred-it and Medical Waste business, as needed. This position covers routes when other team members are on vacation or sick, including those team members at remote transfer locations for both Shred-it and Medical Waste. They are responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs or medical waste removal. The integrity of every Route Driver is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients. The Route Driver is a member of the Operations team and plays an integral role as the face of Shred-it and Medical Waste. The Route Driver maintains Stericycle policies, standards, and practices and ensures adherence to Stericycle’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Key Job Activities:
- Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information or pick up and transport medical waste
o Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations
o Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher
o May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the delay ensuring enough supplies are added
o Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting
o Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Performs pre-trip, post-trip checks, and driver check-in on assigned truck, prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up
- Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service. Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable
- Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles and/or collection totes by ensuring all documents are retrieved and the consoles/containers are securely locked. Services accounts using a hand-held device, ensuring console/containers are barcoded, locations are up to date, and the accuracy of type and quantity of consoles/containers
- Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ material collected and serviced in a timely and accurate manner
- Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and our business
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Preferred Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in driving Shred Trucks and Box Truck
- Current driver’s license with an excellent driving record
- Must be Age 21 or older
- All CMV drivers must be able to obtain a medical card by a certified medical examiner
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
- Stericycle welcomes non-native English speakers, as long as drivers can read and speak English sufficiently to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records as required by federal regulation
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Medical Examiners Certification
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.