The Actuarial Analyst 2, Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Actuarial Analyst 2, Analytics/Forecasting work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Actuarial Analyst 2, Analytics/Forecasting ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoots problems, conducts root cause analysis, and develops cost effective resolutions for data anomalies. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
This role is in the Employer Group department. This is a new position on a team that is focused on the following;
- Development, analysis, and implementation of rating models and assumptions into pricing tools
- Review of the pricing adequacy of those pricing tools
- Development, analysis, and implementation of renewal rates
- Driver of Improvements to our rating systems and processes
- This person will work close with underwriters to determine the best process for assessing risk and optimizing that risk.
- This person will also work closely with other actuaries within the department to implement rates and track accuracy.
Scheduled Weekly Hours