Position Title: Plant Floor Systems Technician
Location: Greeley Beef
Salary Non-Exempt: Bi – weekly
Purpose & Scope
Preforms set up of the E50 knife sharpening machine along with all the proper equipment need to perform the job. In particular, the knife grinding belts are set to a specific tolerance. Ensuring spec and tolerances are met in accordance with in the defined limits in operational manual. Must perform all duties with high degree of proficiency. Must perform specific responsibilities as instructed by supervisor. Must meet specific performance standards to complete assigned tasks.
Essential Job Duties
- Machine and Equipment Conservation: Performs some or all of the following; Performs daily operation changes such as changing the wet-grinding belts, adjusting the wet-grinding belts. Change the polishing/deburring rings and polishing paste as well as adjusting the polishing/deburring rings. Changing the test medium for the sharpness testing device. Perform daily inspections of the E50 and ensure all proper equipment is properly lubricated and function properly. Perform a very detailed cleaning of the E50 that is such specified in the operations manual. Have a working knowledge of use of hand tools and knows how to interpret measurements.
- Controls Systems: Must be capable of navigating the Knechts control system such as; Be able to implement self-created programs and analyze product data for desired parameters. Enter the manual functions to operate the machine. Be able to verify an active internet connection. Ensure the proper documenting/recording information; such as entering, transcribing, recordings, storing or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Safety: Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations such as but not limited to; becoming familiar with basic occupational safety and accident preventions and proceed through the required safety training. Be able to recognize any safety malfunctions that may occur in sharpening machine, or if the processing behavior indicates that such malfunctions may have occurred. Ensure all safety devices are proper working condition and have not been tampered with. Follow the safety instructions for the products being used. Be able to ensure the use of cleaning agents and materials used must be handled properly and disposed of in an environmentally friendly way. Be able to recognize and heed warning to all safety labels and warnings. Be able to maintain current authorized safety training.
- Physical Demands: While preforming the essential duties of the job, the technician is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms. Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The technician is frequently required to walk, climb or balance and talk or hear. Frequent use of pushing, pulling, grasping and pinching with both hands, occasional reaching away from the body. The technician must frequently lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employee of the organization. Uses language precisely to explain ideas, procedures and actions; describe situations and adapts to message to listeners. Mathematical Skills- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and interpret graphic representations. Drive for Results- Set high expectations for self; accepts responsibility for timely and effective completion of work. Does whatever it takes to safely and effectively achieve desired results. Teamwork- Aids others when they need it; anticipates others’ need to know and provides required information, listens and responds constructively to others team member’ ideas. Gives honest and constructive feedback to other team members. Adaptability- Changes approach and methods to achieve results to fit circumstances; copes will with uncertainty and embraces change. Safety- Complies with all safety rules and guidelines; maintains awareness of surroundings to identify hazards and help others embrace safe practices. Attention to Detail- Thorough and conscientious in completing job tasks; diligently checks work to ensure all the essential details have been considered.
- Education/Training Requirements: A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. The required knowledge, skills and abilities to satisfactorily preform job duties are normally acquired through obtaining a one-year certificate from a secondary technical or vocational school or related experience or equivalent combinations of educations and experience.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time off: sick leave, vacation and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after the 1st day of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $43,400 - $54,200
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan; the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.