JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The JBS Pork Team based at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO is seeking a Claims & Deductions Analyst. The Analyst will participate in the handling of discrepancies reported by customers, truck lines, plant personnel, sales, field reps, customer service, etc. The Analyst will be responsible for reporting on deductions and claims data, including past due invoices, DSO and general AR discrepancies, as well as deductions balances, and claims losses. It is the role of the Analyst to identify customer trends and suggest methods of improvement involving payment and claims habits, and to act as a mediator between the outside parties and internal personnel to resolve issues in an efficient and effective manner while being able to sustain good relationships with all parties.
- Comprehensive Analysis, find trends/develop conclusions on deductions, claims, and AR data.
- Run standard/ develop new weekly reports to distribute information on deductions balances, claims losses, customer DSO and past due AR. Create Ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Present data analysis and recommendations to executive team.
- Research payments submitted including pricing, marketing money, product claims, etc.
- Work with customers to rebill and collect any unauthorized deduction balance.
- Work closely with internal and external parties in an effort to resolve any/all deduction balances.
- Gather data and relaying it to sales teams to problem solve for customer accounts.
- Review legal documentation and determine if the parties involved have provided the required information to process a claim and have fulfilled their contractual requirements.
- General accounting responsibilities and backup to pork accounting controller as needed.
- Keep detailed records and accounts of all claims, deductions and DSO.
- Acquire required documentation needed to determine liability quickly.
- Understand cash application processes in order to assist customer accounts.
- Demonstrate strong Customer Service.
- Work and learn new business areas as needed to improve customer payments.
- Assist co-workers, extremely organized and ability to multitask.
- Ability to learn the process, know the process and make decisions to mitigate losses quickly.
- Work with limited supervision to effectively manage a task list.
- Travel to perform audits at plant locations.
- Hours from 0700-1600, flexible as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related field.
- Excellent and timely professional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office—Excel, Word, Outlook and other systems.
- Self-driven to learn and adapt quickly and be a team player.
- Extremely organized with ability to multitask.
- Determined to complete projects even when outside the scope of the department.
- Prior experience handling customer accounts as i.e.; AR, claims, deductions and DSO.
- Understands cash application processes in order to assist customer accounts.
- SAP experience.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $40,500-$50,925; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.