JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim's, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS is seeking a Technical Support Animal Welfare/Humane Handling professional for a new role at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the alignment of a global animal welfare strategy across the company. The applicant should be able to support the development of a global animal welfare strategy and be able to apply learning and expectations of process at the plants. This individual possesses the ability to develop relationships throughout the organization (at every level of the company). This person will be responsible for assisting in high-level policy implementation and identifying innovative solutions to improve animal welfare.
- Assist facilities with RVA (Remote Video Auditing) trend line performance in AWH (Animal Welfare and Handling) categories.
- Help maintain files for applicable regulations and JBS policy, disseminating updates to facilities.
- Support policy development and global alignment efforts.
- Help draft global animal welfare policy.
- Support implementation of and compliance with global animal welfare policy.
- Assist in the annual review of global animal welfare policy and update accordingly.
- Assist in weekly AWH related KPI discussions with Tech Services staff and facilities.
- Review AWH related NRs, helping to assure effective resolution; travel to facilities as needed to assist in AWH related matters.
- Assist facilities to ensure that we have consistency in AWH policy and procedure.
- Review and update AWH training materials, assisting facilities with maintenance and improvement of certified animal handler positions.
- Support the JBS Animal Handling program and make further improvements to content and processes.
- Help support the PQA and TQA certification programs for employees and contractors.
- Organize, facilitate, and direct the training of JBS Live Production employees in animal welfare.
- Organize, facilitate, and direct on-farm audits of JBS animal handling standards.
- Assist with the communication efforts for our primary customers and industry stakeholders regarding animal welfare performance when necessary
- Inform JBS leaders on current research and technologies that enhance animal welfare.
- Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science, Meat Science, Business Administration, Ag Business, or a related field
- Industry experience required, and animal welfare experience preferred
- Ability to travel 10-25% of time
- Ability to work independently, but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Experience in handling livestock, implementing animal welfare programs and working with diverse set of individuals.
- Knowledge of animal welfare regulations and industry animal handling guidelines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Detailed orientation