GDIT is seeking a laboratory technician to support the Navy Drug Screening Laboratory in Great Lakes, Illinois. The Navy Drug Screening Laboratory is dedicated to ensuring warfighter readiness by deterring illegal drug use through providing accurate and timely forensic drug testing. Tasks include:
- Initiates the forensic toxicology analysis of urine samples.
- Performs routine and specialized testing of both moderate and high complex toxicology and chemistry test.
- Follows proper protocol while handling military urine specimen samples to maintain organization compliance.
- Evaluates material and specimen submissions received from supported sites (with subject PII removed) for acceptability and preparation for forensic testing.
- Maintains and troubleshoots all laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Performs routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures. Makes technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Resolves technical, computer, and customer service problems within the specified department.
- Performs administrative functions to include filing, record keeping, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- BS in Medical Laboratory Science, Physical Science, or related field.
- Experience with immunochemistry analyzers for analysis of forensic specimens in support of drugs of abuse testing.
- Ability to perform all tasks required for accessioning of forensic specimens for analysis in support of drugs of abuse testing.
- Experience in a clinical lab setting.
- All employees will be required to possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.