The Police Officer position is a sworn member of BSWH Public Safety and is responsible for a variety of law enforcement, security, loss prevention, and customer service related duties. Duties include providing information and assistance to patients, visitors, employees and staff; patrolling areas to detect security, safety and/or fire hazards; securing buildings; enforcing parking regulations; controlling access to building and parking lots & garages; responding to calls for service; and enforcing state laws.
The Officer can expect to perform the following:
- Patrol assigned areas in vehicle, on bicycle, and on foot to detect and deter crime.
- Apprehend subjects committing crimes.
- Respond to emergency calls, safety escorts, and calls for assistance.
- Intervene as necessary to confront and restrain hostile and abusive persons to reduce the risk of injury to public and themselves.
- Take appropriate legal action and renders emergency care.
- Investigate and report on crimes, suspicious activity, disturbances, and accidents.
- Respond to crimes in progress and calls for assistance. Serves in specialized units such as investigations, fire safety, crime prevention, and training as assigned and trained.
- Complete initial investigation and follow-up investigations as assigned.
- Participate in crime prevention strategies and special programs as assigned.
- Enforce laws, policies, procedures, and forwards the mission of the organization
The ideal candidate will have the ability to pass the interview process, undergo a thorough background investigation, and pass post offer physical (including drug screening and vision testing) and psychological evaluation. The candidate must also possess good interpersonal and public relations skills, as well as good written, verbal communications, and computer skills. The ideal candidate will be able to react well in stressful situations, possess a current/valid driver license with a good driving record, and willing to work any shift for several locations throughout the DFW area.
§ Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Grapevine
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
§ Specialty/Department/Practice – Public Safety
§ Shift/Schedule – Full-time : Variable
§ Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ü Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ü 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ü Tuition Reimbursement
ü PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
§ H.S. Diploma/ GED Equivalent
§ Current/active Texas Peace officer license or passed the Texas Peace Officer Exam in the last two years.
§ LPO – (Licensed Peace Officer)
§ TXDL (Texas Driver's License)