Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a part-time Nursing Coordinator to work weekends at our Granite City, IL location, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
- Supervise the CRU/Detox unit in the Southern Region and all CRU/Detox staff, programming and services, during weekend shifts.
- Coordinate required and needed services according to all governing policies and procedures, including but not limited to JCAHO, Chestnut Health Systems, IL Nurse Practice Act, DASA, Rule 132 & 140, including recommending needed protocols and procedures to the Nurse Manager or CRU Coordinator.
- Set an example for and reinforce evidence-based practices, including but not limited to, the recovery philosophy utilizing the elements of hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, and trauma-informed care.
- Act as a role model and provide leadership and direction to ensure positive interactions within Chestnut and the community, especially related to referral sources.
- Train and evaluate staff, and participate in program development activities, including all required trainings.
- Coordinate referrals and admissions during scheduled shifts.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required paperwork or date entry, accounting to all funder requirements and in a timely manner, including but not limited to, progress notes, admission and discharge requirements, assessments, treatment plans, all medical/nursing forms, quality improvement and outcome measures and any other assignments.
- Provide or coordinate services to all consumers according to treatment plans, or as assigned or indicated.
- Complete or coordinate medication administration according to applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Medical Services Manual, Detox Manual, Nurse Practice Act, JCAHO, program protocols and others as applicable.
- Assess and continually reassess or coordinate the assessment of consumers for acute physical and emotional issues, providing interventions as indicated, following all prescriber orders and consulting with prescribers when further direction or additional orders are indicated.
- Act as or coordinate someone being a liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCPs, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and Chestnut staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinate the completion of and administer, evaluate and appropriately document TB skin tests.
- Provide health consultation or coordinate the completion of, from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines, to consumers and family and re-enforce with other CRU/detox staff.
- Perform phlebotomy including venipuncture, capillary sampling, preparation for transport and documentation.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited, to financial and consumer information.
- Provide other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with an active Registered Nurse license in Illinois or a Registered Nurse with certificate from an accredited nursing school with five (5) years post license experience in a critical thinking nursing position (i.e., MH/CD/ER/Acute Care/ICU, etc.).
- Must have experience in the oversight of other nurses and experience in providing direct client care.
- Must have a minimum of one year supervisory/ administrative/charge nurse experience.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This part-time position includes eligibility for our retirement savings plan with company match and employee assistance program.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled