- Serves as a concierge: Greets and communicates with patients or visitors, including collecting payments and co-payments.
- Performs clerical functions, including, but not limited to: Answers telephone/switchboard; schedules routine patient appointments; orders supplies; generates no-show and recall letters; processes/sorts mail and produces end-of-day reports.
- May need to document patient phone call in EHR for call routing/resolution.
- Performs patient registration and check-in: Confirms patient demographic and insurance information; assists patients with kiosk registration.
- Performs patient check-out: Schedules follow-up appointments or confirms future appointments.
- Maintains patient medical records according
to standards; uploads Right Fax documents into EPIC. Responsible for basic EMR/HER scanning.
- Actively participates in safety initiatives and risk mitigating measures where appropriate and completes all position and unit safety related competencies and requirements on a timely basis.
Education - High School Degree equivalent
Education - Vocational / Technical or equivalent in One year certificate from college or technical school (based on Spectrum Health entity and department)
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.