Assistant Electrical Detailer
System One is seeking an Assistant Electrical Detailer in the Kansas City, MO area.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN.
5 Month Assignment. (Local Talent ONLY)
Hours Per Week: 40.00
This position offers challenging work with significant project variety at a successful, growing company. The chosen candidate will work under the guidance of experienced electrical engineers and designers to complete projects in industrial and municipal markets. Typical projects include design of both new and existing buildings, interior and exterior process equipment, power, instrumentation and controls for refineries, chemical plants, and municipal water / wastewater treatment facilities.
The Electrical Detailer will work on an integrated design team within our Water Global Practice to perform the following duties:
- Assist in planning and preparing detailed drawings.
- Use 2D and 3D CAD and other software, including Revit, AutoCAD, Excel, Bluebeam and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrate knowledge of CAD standards and best practices.
- Learn and successfully apply company, client, and project drafting standards and procedures
- Provide a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, and drafting on projects of substantial variety and complexity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assigned and related disciplines.
- Coordinate drafting activities with other designers, drafters, and design disciplines.
- Successfully communicate and correspond with internal design resources and external clients and personnel.
- Have the ability and experience to work independently and in a team environment as the project requires.
- Execute design changes and project drawing revisions.
- Maintain CAD proficiency and work toward mastering current CAD systems.
- May perform field inspections.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology with minimum of 3 years related experience or Associates degree with minimum of 4 years related experience or specialized CAD certification or high school diploma with minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in at least one 3D design software package. Revit experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently complete required drawings.
- Previous internship or related consulting experience is preferred.
Candidate will need to be:
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in REVIT
- Previous electrical detailing