Join a winning culture where achievements are recognized and celebrated!
Silgan is seeking a bi-lingual, creative and critical thinker to support our business-ready applications across the Silgan enterprise. While addressing application and data issues as they arise, you'll serve as a liaison between the business and the development team, manage multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables while providing business analysis to develop new applications or maintain existing ones. You'll provide testing, documentation, and configuration of enterprise business applications, as well as vendor and customer support. You'll have the opportunity to develop professionally — and to grow your career in any direction you choose. This role is the perfect opportunity to jumpstart your career with Silgan! This role spends the majority of the time out of the office.
You will love it here if:
- Fluently speak Spanish
- The ability to work independently and as part of a high-performing team intrigues you
- Strong analytical skills, robust troubleshooting skills and a high attention to details defines you
- To train and support custom application for pre-implementation activities
- Spending significant time outside the office to travel domestically and internationally is exciting to you (between 50-75% annually)
We need you to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
- 2• years of Object-oriented programing experience
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in Spanish
- A working knowledge of web development using ASP.Net / C# and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with relational databases including SQL Server and be capable of writing TRANSACT-SQL.
What we offer:
- Stable, reliable and environmentally conscious company
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement and more
Who We Are:
Silgan Containers is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. Trusted by America's most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence and unsurpassed technical expertise. We pride ourselves on being a solution-based partner to our customers and work hard to earn their business every day.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will“ basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.