Requisition Number: MORTG02626
Be Safe, Be Healthy, Be Independent!
Are you an experienced Mortgage Processor looking to progress in your career? If so, we need you!
At Independent Bank, we know that you want to be independent, with career growth and stability from an employer you can trust. Investing in your career can feel overwhelming when there are so many choices, and we understand your time is valuable. We are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our clients, shareholders, and the communities we serve, and will empower you to Be Independent.
About the Job:
The Mortgage Processor reports to the Team Leader of Mortgage Loan Operations, and is responsible for processing mortgage loan files and getting them to closing.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Accommodating and flexible paid time off.
- A knowledgeable, goal-driven, and exciting team of colleagues.
- Exposure to different areas of banking and the ability to work with leaders within the industry.
- Community-focused events and volunteer opportunities.
What You Will Do:
- Reviews and tracks loan files according to internal and investor standards.
- Obtains Appraisals, credit reports, verifications, and other documents required to submit loan file to Underwriting.
- Must be able to review documents to ensure they are correct to submit to underwriting for Conventional, Government, RD, Construction, Jumbo and Portfolio loans.
- Responsible for maintaining loan quality standards in accordance with bank requirements.
- Works with Loan Officers, title companies, realtors and others to ensure timely processing of files.
- Responsible for consistent pipeline management and communication with loan officers.
- Weekly communication with the Customers for loan file status.
- Obtains and reviews supplemental documentation to submit to underwriting for review.
- Prepares loan file for closing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years mortgage processing experience required.
- Knowledge in conforming underwriting guidelines, or experience in FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, MSHDA, RD, and VA underwriting guidelines preferred.
- Personal computer skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Multi tasking skills required.
- Positive attitude and team oriented is a must.
Be Bold. Be YOU. Be Independent!