DayTwo is the first company to safely and sustainably balance blood sugar, lower A1C, and reduce weight using food as medicine and leveraging the profile of a patient’s gut-microbiome, without the use of medications or surgery. Our data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to remission.
The Certified Diabetes Educator at DayTwo is a vital part of our team providing individual or group training, diabetes education, and follow-up for all clients and patients. As a member of our growing team, you’ll work directly with type 2 diabetes patients by providing a food-as-medicine approach to manage glucose levels and improve overall health. You will help shape the approach and practice of our program both in person and in a virtual setting.
- Provide education and coaching in-person and virtually to assist Type 2 Diabetes patients in implementing an individualized nutrition & care plan using DayTwo’s personalized nutrition data
- Establishes goals for nutrition care of patients, conducts assessments, and develops individualized nutrition care plans with ongoing evaluation of nutrition status
- Support patients with food logging and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) to manage glucose levels
- Monitor and evaluate training data to improve the overall program
- Participates in activities that promote and expand the reputation and the services of DayTwo's Programs
You will love this job if you:
- 3+ years of experience of direct diabetes and clinical experience or diabetes education center or diabetes care focused medical center
- Has additional background or interest in health technology or telemedicine
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to utilize diverse modes of communication. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences such as patients, teammates, customers, and scientific professionals.
- Comfortable using various digital platforms and a remote delivery model in a rapidly changing environment; technology literacy is a must!
- Unquestionable integrity, no ego
- Responsible, independent, and highly self-motivated
- High EQ and empathy with the ability to work with different personalities through times of change
- Willing to travel as required
- Bachelor’s Degrees Registered Dietitian (RD) with Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Understanding of HIPAA regulations, and strict adherence to patient privacy