Restaurant Team Leader - 3845 S Carrier Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX (Unit #742)
Our Restaurant Team/Shift Leaders have a dual role - youll serve as both a restaurant leader and a team member. As a leader, youll work closely with the Restaurant Manager ensuring all operating procedures are followed. Youll also assist with scheduling, training and supervising Team Members to ensure each customer enjoys a hot, freshly-prepared product using the highest quality ingredients served in a comfortable, clean, friendly environment.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive Weekly Pay ($11-$14hr DOE)
- Schedule Flexibility Day/Evening/Overnight Shifts
- Discounted Meals
- Opportunities for Career Development and Growth
- Whataburger Family Foundation and Scholarship Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401K Savings Plans
- Whatagames (Ask us about this!)
Our people make the difference at Whataburger. We take pride in our work, take care of each other and love serving our customers. Each and every day youll be learning skills that will serve you well no matter where your career journey leads you.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- 6 months experience in a retail setting
- Driving is essential for this position so a valid drivers license with liability insurance, a driving record adhering to Whataburger standards and a satisfactory background check is required
- Solid communication skills and the ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with management and co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with strong leadership skills
- Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county and state requirements)
- Food Handlers Certification
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand during entire shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry, and push
- Must be able to read (orders on tickets, menu board, receipts, etc.)
- Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items
- Frequent washing of hands
- Must be able to use computers, telephones, and office equipment
This Job Posting does not contain an exhaustive list of all roles, activities, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. This description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position. Whataburger reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different activities be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, rush jobs, technological developments or other operational need).
Whataburger is more than a burger chain. Its a place that feels like home to more than 43,000 employees who we call Family Members and millions of customers. We take PRIDE in our work. We CARE for each other. And absolutely LOVE serving our customers.
Our opportunities are limitless if you bring the drive and a hunger for more. Well give you the tools and resources you need to reach your full potential. Your career at Whataburger will be what you make of it.
Whataburger is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, age, or other condition or status protected by law. Whataburger participates in the federal E-Verify Program. For more information go to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.