Requisition Number: OPERA06188
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2019. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities: (ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS)
- Leads, facilitates and executes OpEx activities within manufacturing and functional groups
- Executes company OpEx strategy associated with implementation of lean systems, in fast paced environments
- Works as part of a cross-functional group to implement lean principles
- Coordinates and helps administer Training & Development
- Facilitates short and long term OpEx initiatives
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods to reduce cost and improve quality
- Responsible for assisting in the execution of plant site goals
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Develops complete project plans including resources, costs, benefits and schedules. Assumes full responsibility for all aspects of projects to ensure goals are met on time
- Communicates project status to stakeholders as appropriate and follows up to ensure project results are sustained
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Applies problem solving techniques to resolve both customer and internal quality issues for manufactured products.
- Works to create and maintain a safe work environment
Skills and Experience Requirements: (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- B.S in Engineering preferred – Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment working with lean concepts and tools
- Focused Improvement (Kaizen) Events facilitation and training experience preferred
- Familiar with and experience in lean fundamentals – Lean Basics, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving, Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI), etc.
- Passionate about lean concepts and system thinking
- Computer skills (MS Office, MS windows, Email, ERP)
- Should have team building and rapid execution abilities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) with all levels of the organization
- Develops systems and processes
- Goal oriented and able to complete assignments on time
- Have the ability to communicate effectively in English & Spanish
- Fact-based problem solving
- Analyzes situations and problems
- Capacity for learning
- Drives for result
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Forterra Building Products is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
No Search Firms please.