We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
- The Front Line Leader will be ultimately responsible for the overall execution and performance of an assigned area.
- This includes but is not limited to the general assigning, managing and directing of the daily manufacturing activities of up to 25 union covered employees within their assigned area to attain economy of operations, maximize throughput, and ensure profitable production of parts.
- Provide daily assignment and direction to direct reports.
- Conduct disciplines of employees when necessary.
- Manage in accordance with the local production union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Utilize metrics driven accountability for performance: TAKT, earned hours, efficiency, schedule, overhead, and overtime charges.
- Achieve objectives in a matrix work environment and work effectively with multiple functions (such as Supply Chain, Process Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Quality, etc.).
- Develop, support, and implement process improvements.
- Evaluate business impact in regards to metrics, activity reports, delivery schedules, manpower, etc.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, leadership, communication and organization skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Five years Leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Experience and/or training in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma desired. Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Machining experience preferred
- Working knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) preferred
- This candidate must have excellent oral and written communications skills, be goal-oriented, data driven, with strong sense of urgency.
- This candidate should be creative, entrepreneurial, and an empowering team leader.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to document procedures, express processes in writing and flow chart processes.
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
- Developing Direct Reports
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Building Effective Teams
- Problem Solving
Mental & Physical Requirements:
Performs highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, as well as exercise of independent judgment.
Must have the ability to analyze situations and respond to problems to ensure internal and external customer demands are met.
Assigned to a distribution environment. Must be able to assist direct reports. Uses computer terminal frequently. Interfaces with other managerial, office and hourly employees on a regular basis with various forms of communication. Required to wear appropriate PPE (i.e., safety glasses).
The responsibilities and duties outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. The company reserves the right to modify, amend, alter or delete any aspect of this position description at any time.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment that embodies one of our core values, Lift Each Other Up. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.