Requisition Number: FULLT02145
Become a part of an organization that has been providing compassionate and comprehensive human services to Western Colorado for 70 years. At Hilltop, we put People First and we value relationship, integrity, courage, inclusivity and fun! Do you share these values? Do you want to help make a difference in people’s lives?
We are hiring a Resident Support Specialist at our Life Adjustment Program location. This position is responsible for assisting, supporting, and caring for adults with traumatic brain injuries at the Life Adjustment Program (LAP). Accepting CNA and non-CNA applicants.
The starting wage for this position is $13 per hour (depending on qualifications).
This position will have a schedule of evenings 2:45 PM - 11:15 PM, must be willing to work weekends.
Hilltop offers GREAT Benefits, such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 4% 401K Match, Free and Supplemental Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account with 50% Dependent Care Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Great Culture and more!
Accepting applications for this position through 3/8/2021.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Providing direct personal unskilled care and hygiene assistance to residents following assigned resident Care Plans, (i.e., bathing, oral care, nominal to severe incontinence care, dressing, grooming, etc.), as well as assisting and monitoring residents during meal times (including but not limited to feeding support, oversight, cueing, etc.).
- Properly communicating the needs of both residents and staff to ensure good customer service and the overall well-being of residents, natural supports, staff and vendors.
- Understanding and strictly following all applicable Hilltop, Life Adjustment Program, and State and Federal rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Completing required documentation promptly, accurately, and legibly.
- Providing behavior management (i.e., defusing anger, redirecting, offering alternative solutions and providing positive guidance for our residents) associated with characteristics of brain-injured individuals. Risks include sexual, verbal, and/or physical aggression that may be exacerbated by co-occurring mental illness, substance abuse, etc.
- Maintaining professional boundaries with all residents enrolled in any Hilltop program or residing at any of Hilltop's facilities, all the while maintaining the dignity, confidentiality, privacy and rights of every resident.
- Maintaining professional behavior with co-workers and outside agencies.
- Performing housekeeping duties to include but not limited to trash removal, changing and stocking linens, cleaning up bodily fluids (i.e. blood, feces, urine, vomit, etc.) using the proper Personal Protective Equipment and disinfecting standards, stocking supplies, disinfecting, cleaning wheel chairs and walkers and organizing of apartments.
- Attending team meetings and in-service trainings as scheduled.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance/punctuality.
- Cooperate with others.
- Be completely honest.
- Other duties as assigned.
CLEARANCES & HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
The following background checks are conducted by Hilltop Community Resources:
- Hilltop Criminal Background Check
- Sex Offender Registry
- Colorado Adult Protective Services Background Check (CAPS)
- Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) Exclusion List
- Tuberculosis (Tb) Skin Test
- Influenza Vaccination
- Any other vaccination required by licensing
- Post Offer Employment Testing – Medium (w/out transfer)